From styling tools, dyes, and chemical relaxers to exposure to the sun, pollution and harsh elements – we really put our tender tresses through some hard times. All of which play part in removing natural moisture from strands. Cue deep conditioner.
Hair conditioning treatments, like deep conditioners can help turn troubled tresses into fresh, healthy-looking bouncy hair with shine. A-mazing, we know!
So, if your strands are drier than the Aussie outback, bring them back to life with this home-grown Aussie guide on how to deep condition hair.
How to deep condition: 101
Whether you’re new to deep conditioner scene or you’re a regular looking to perfect the routine, these Aussie deep conditioner tips and tricks will make sure those tresses get the most out of our hydrating and repairing benefits.
The benefits of deep conditioners are endless. But if we have to start somewhere (which we do) it puts that OMG back in your beloved locks. Deep conditioner helps smooth the hair shaft, making hair silkier and shinier than ever before. This miracle worker also helps promote elasticity by ensuring your hair is as fully moisturized and hydrated as can be, which means those strands will be back to their bouncy best in no time.
A signature of dry, brittle hair is breakage. Deep conditioner not only works to prevent strands getting to this point, it can also help to repair some of the damage. The texture and formula used for deep conditioner is thicker and more potent than your everyday treatment. It’s uniquely designed to delivering moisture where it’s needed most. And, one of the main reasons hair can appear dull is due to lack of moisture. Deep conditioner allows tender tresses to become nourished again. What’s not to love?
While most deep conditioner treatments are meant to be left on for a while (10-30 minutes), we’ve made sure all our Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Treatments deliver those incredible results in as little as 3 minutes. That’s right… 3 little minutes for A-mazingly big results. Aussome!
Deep conditioner for damaged hair
If you’re in need of a deep conditioner for hair that’s had a little too much fun, Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Deep Treatment, infused with authentic Australian macadamia nut oil, is just the thing.
How to use:
- Wash and condition your hair as normal. Aussie Repair Miracle Shampoo and Repair Miracle Conditioner, infused with Australian Jojoba Seed Oil, do what it says on the bottle and more! The repairing formula in this Aussie collection’s the perfect addition to this revamped damage-control haircare routine.
- Once you’ve cleansed and conditioned tresses, towel dry or wring out excess water from strands. Tip: Be gentle when drying! Damaged hair’s extra sensitive and a delicate touch with the towel will make all the difference. Just press or squeeze hair wrapped in a towel, avoid the scruff-method which can further damage hair and make it tangled.
- Apply a splodge of Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Deep Treatment to the lengths of hair and work through strands with your fingers, making sure every strand’s covered. Apply a little more of this deep conditioner treatment as you need it.
- Leave this deep conditioner in hair as long as you like – it’s designed to work in as little as 3 minutes, but if you have time to spare, leave it in overnight and use a shower cap to protect your pillows. Tip: Start your shower with your haircare routine so you can leave hair conditioning treatments in while you wash your body and face/brush your teeth etc. giving strands more time to soak up the goodness.
- When you’re ready, rinse out using cool water. Cool water helps to close the cuticles of strands so it’s less porous, which in turns gives hair added shine – woop!
Deep conditioner for frizz-prone strands
Frizz can rear its head at the worst of times. Just when you think you’ve nailed the style, you leave the house and…. well, the unspeakable! What was once smooth, tame tresses is now a rough and messy nest of hair. Aaargh!
If you’re tired of frizz taking control, regain a little with the ultimate deep conditioner for frizz-prone tresses – Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Calm the Frizz Deep Treatment. With a secret stash of soothing and nourishing Australian hemp seed extract, this anti-frizz hair conditioning treatment’s infused with authentic Australian ingredients blended with our Aussie miracle formula. The results? Deeply nourished strands with added protection against frizz. Now we’re talking!
How to use:
- Cleanse hair first as you would normally. Make sure you use warm water to help open up the cuticle before you apply the deep conditioner.
- Tip: before you jump in the shower, brush your hair. This makes it easier to work the deep treatment into the lengths of hair and prevents damage caused by tugging on tangled bits.
- Apply a splodge of Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Calm the Frizz Deep Treatment to damp, towel dried tresses.
- Make sure you cover all strands, with particular attention to the lengths and tips.
- Carry on with your usual shower routine, leaving the deep treatment to work its magic. For an intense hydration treat, leave this hair conditioning treatment in for a few hours during a pamper session – you (and your tresses) deserve it!
- When you’re ready, rinse!
The perfect way to end this frizz-free haircare routine’s to apply a serum for that va-va-voom. Grab a bottle of Work that Curl serum and apply a smidge to the lengths and ends of dry or damp hair. Cue shiny, hydrated strands, bye-bye frizz.
Deep conditioner for the time-poor
If you have a short amount of time, you can still give dry, damaged and brittle tresses a deep conditioner treat. Designed to work instantly, our SOS Shots are super intense hydrating treatments that deeply condition strands. And they’re pint size, so can fit into your work, gym or travel bag – the perfect mate for the Aussie adventurer.
How to use:
- Apply this miraculous hair conditioning treatment onto damp hair
- Massage gently from mid-lengths through to the ends. No need to. Leave in long, it works in an instant!
- Rinse thoroughly
Transformed tresses in the blink of an eye!
Deep conditioning: the do’s and don’ts
It’s easy to get lost in what’s wrong and right when it comes to the matter of deep conditioner, so we’ve put together some ground rules just for you:
- Do – keep it on the reg. Hair that is deep conditioned on the regular is much more manageable, softer, less prone to breakage and is able to retain length.
- Do – focus on the tips. Work your way from the bottom. These are the driest, oldest and most prone to breakage strands. By starting with the ends, it allows just a little more time for the deep conditioner to work its magic on the tips.
- Don’t – rinse with hot water. This can open up cuticles, when we want to close them for added shine and to lock that moisture in.
So, there you have it, now you’re an expert in how to deep condition hair, certified genius in our books. Plus, no mayo and yoghurt required (unless eaten during that pamper session). Thank the lord! If you’re looking for other remedies to put the OMG back in your locks, why not read more about leave-in conditioner. If there is one thing Aussie knows about, it’s conditioner.