They’re nice to eat, but what can Macadamia nuts do for your hair? Quite a lot, actually. This is one A-beauty secret you’ll want to jump on board with. So move over Argan Oil because Macadamia Nut Oil is here to take centre stage
Native to the land down under, the Macadamia nut is rich in oils and has been used in Australia for centuries. Seen by many as the world’s most delicious nut, it’s sometimes referred to as "the queen of nuts." As well as being creamy and rich in flavour, the macadamia nut (and its oil) is packed with nutrients.
Macadamia oil for hair and beauty
The macadamia nut and its oil are a great source of moisture and nutrients. In fact, it’s the richest botanical source on earth of the rare anti-oxidant palmitoleic acid (omega-7)! Macadamia oil hydrates and softens and is often used in skincare for its intensely nourishing properties.
That’s why we use it across a wide range of Aussie products.
Moisture is the thing that holds your hair together and macadamia oil is the key.
Not sure if your hair’s lacking hydration? Here are a few signs your hair’s in need of a moisture kick;
- Frizz. Yep! Frizz is a sign your hair’s craving a deep conditioning treatment.
- Split ends. When your hair starts to split, it’s time to kick into damage control.
- Knots. Coarse, dry hair can tangle easily and serve as a sign your hair needs moisture.
- Dullness. Hair that’s well conditioned shines as bright as the sun, so if those strands are looking a little lifeless, a moisture boost will get you back to your best in no time.
Macadamia nut oil in Aussie products
Whether your hair’s frizzy, split or dull, there’s an Aussie solution infused with Australian Macadamia nut oil that’ll put the bounce back into troubled tresses.
- Aussie Miracle Oils. Our lightweight non-greasy miracle oils will visibly repair hair, leaving it smooth and shiny.
- Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Deep Treatment. The hair hero of hair heroes, our iconic 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor Deep Treatment turns damaged hair into luscious locks in just 3 minutes.
- Aussie Miracle Moist Collection. If you think it would take a miracle to condition that parched hair of yours, try our 3 Minute Miracle Moist Deep Treatment to give your hair the hydration it’s been craving. It works wonders, leaving thirsty hair intensely conditioned in just 3 minutes! Just need a lighter treat? Try our Miracle Moist Shampoo and Miracle Moist Conditioner. Finish off with our Miracle Moist Conditioning spray on dry or wet hair before brushing your hair to protect it and give it an extra boost.
- Aussie Beach Waves Collection. Our summer limited edition of the moisture range with the same amazing benefits with a summery touch. The perfect remedy to give your beach waves back their bounce.
Australian botanical ingredients
All our products contain authentic Australia botanical ingredients, sourced straight from the mother land.
They’re naturally potent and have been used for centuries by indigenous Australians as a source of food and nutrients. We respect the land from which our ingredients are sourced, and the story behind them, that’s why we partner with farmers who use traditional indigenous farming methods and hand-harvesting where possible. So, the ingredients we love will be there for generations to come.
Aussie hair hacks
Want more tips? For hair ready for any Aussie adventure, read up on how to look after curly hair and Australian (a-beauty) secrets to help your hair bounce back, no matter what your hair type or its condition.